Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Breaking the Plateau

I did it!  I finally broke the plateau that I have been on for three weeks now.  As of this morning, I am down twenty pounds in four weeks. My goal is to be down twenty five at my follow up appointment exactly one week from today.

That may be setting the bar a little too high, but I feel that since I have gotten through the plateau that it should come off a little easier now.  I went on a run/walk with my parents yesterday during my lunch break-- this new working situation has really allowed me to live a healthier life and I'm loving it!  The loop at our house is 2.17 miles long and the backside is made up entirely of hills so we would run the hills to the next driveway and then walk to the next one and repeat.

And I was back on time for my next meeting(conference call).  It was scattered showers all day, but once I was done with work, Spike and I walked up to the mailboxes and back and luckily that's as far as we went because it started to sprinkle as we reached the driveway. 

This morning I woke up at 7:45a and walked the loop with mom and my little cousin, Cru, who she watches three days a week.  It is SO nice to have someone to go on walks with me!  Even though I know I really need to kick up the workout to more than just walking.  Aubrey is out of time on vacation this week so I am working out on my own instead of going to crossfit until she returns.

I just really like getting my workout done in the morning at 8a before I start working.(If you knew how much I hate mornings this would come as a big shock to you!)  And I really love the fact that my workday is flexible enough to allow me to do that! Sometimes I feel guilty because I remember my past jobs of working 60 hours a week and being stressed to the max, and I think of my friends back in Dubuque who are still living that life.

But now I've decided I'm just going to enjoy it.  Do my job well and get as much exercise as possible on my breaks.

Next update will come after my doctor's appointment next week on Tuesday-- wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment